Job title: Research Assistant
Institution: Copenhagen Business School
Department: Digitalization (DIGI)
Division: Learning in the Platform Economy (LeaP) Research Programme
Location: The post can be undertaken remotely
Grade and salary: ‘Videnskabelig Assistent’ Grade 4 (Appointment and salary are subject to regulation by the Danish Ministry of Finance)
Hours and contract type: Full time (37.5 hours per week) fixed-term for 4 months preferred; alternatively part time (2 days/15 hours per week) fixed-term for 9 months negotiable
Start date: Negotiable
Reporting to: Professor Anoush Margaryan
Note: A right to work in the EU is necessary to be eligible for this post; we are not able to offer visa sponsorship for this position.
Overview of the role
A Research Assistant is sought to work with Professor Anoush Margaryan at Copenhagen Business School’s Department of Digitalization to provide assistantship on a range of ongoing and planned research projects within the LeaP research programme.
The post-holder’s main responsibilities are: contributing to the writing of journal publications; analysing quantitative and qualitative data (primarily questionnaire surveys and interviews); undertaking literature search/reviews and other desk research; supporting Professor Margaryan in grant writing. Other responsibilities include occasional research admin support and providing support and advice to other members of the group as required.
This position would suit a current PhD fellow, a recent PhD graduate or an advanced graduate student with proven ability to write academic texts in English suitable for publication in peer-reviewed international journals; advanced skills in analysing quantitative data and experience of analysing qualitative data; and training in/proven experience of research in the social sciences.
- Contribute to writing journal publications
- Analyse quantitative and qualitative data (survey and interviews)
- Undertake systematic literature reviews/search and write up the results for publication in peer-reviewed journals and project reports
- Gather and analyse additional quantitative and/or qualitative data as may be required
- Contribute to grant writing
- Contribute to planning and day-to-day administration of the research projects
- Manage own research and administrative activities in line with agreed targets and timelines
- Contribute to discussions and share data and research findings with colleagues in partner institutions and collaborating research groups
- A first degree in one of the following disciplines/fields: learning sciences/workplace learning, work/educational psychology, sociology, business and organisation studies, or another relevant social science discipline
- Ability to write academic texts in English suitable for publication in international peer-reviewed journals
- Advanced skills in analysing quantitative data
- Experience of analysing qualitative data
- Academic training in/experience of research in the social sciences
- Proven ability to work both independently and under supervision; in an organised and structured, fast and output-oriented manner; manage own tasks within agreed targets and deadlines
- Strong remote working and communication skills
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Experience researching online platform work, crowdwork and AI-mediated work
- Knowledge of literatures on adult/workplace learning, digital transformation of work and society
- Training in the learning sciences
- Grant writing experience
How to apply
Applications should include the following documents:
- Your full CV including a list of your academic publications and grants if any
- A max 2 page cover letter explaining your interest in this post and specifying how your profile aligns with the essential and desirable criteria
- A sample of your sole-authored academic writing in English (e.g. a journal article, PhD proposal/Master’s thesis, or a research report)
Please email your applications as one single PDF file attachment, putting “LeaP RA application” as the subject line to email@example.com by 31 July 2020.